with your gold purchase
Some complicate buying gold, but in reality it is a relatively simple process. The following guideline is the result of our experience helping thousands of investors make their initial gold purchase. If you have questions at any point along the way, we welcome your telephone call. We think you will find our low-key, no-hassle approach conducive to your making good decisions about gold ownership.
1. Develop a good sense of the role you would like gold to play in your overall portfolio. For beginners, our Q&A section, What you need to know before you buy your first ounce of gold, provides a quick and helpful introduction to gold ownership. This page is well worth your time. It will help you avoid some of the costly mistakes often made by first time investors.
If you would like to gain a more comprehensive introduction to buying gold coins and bullion, we offer the widely-read book, The ABCs of Gold Investing: How to Protect and Build Your Wealth With Gold. This well-received ownership guideline is also available online through Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble and at most bookstores.
2. Decide how much of your overall portfolio should be committed to gold coins and bullion. The old adage still applies: "Put 10% of your money in gold and hope you never need it." James Rickards, well-known author of the New York Times bestseller, The Death of Money - The Coming Collapse of the International Monetary System, advocates a 10% to 20% portfolio allocation in physical gold. We suggest between 10% and 30% depending upon your level of concern about the economy (after subtracting the equity in your home). "Even if the currency is devalued," says Rickards, "you have your own personal gold standard to preserve your wealth."
3. Match your portfolio choices to your objectives. Our two most popular portfolio inclusions at this time are contemporary gold bullion coins and historical gold coins (the low-premium, bullion-like variety that track the gold price). In fact USAGOLD's overall volume is split roughly 50%-50% between the two groupings. Each plays a particular role in the portfolio. The reading material suggested in step one offers details in this regard, or we invite you to contact our trading desk to be referred to one of our experienced consultants.
4. Choose the right gold firm. You can probably imagine the horror stories we have heard over the years. It is surprising though how so many of these bad experiences could have been avoided with a simple background check at the Better Business Bureau (BBB) or by spending a little time with the right reading material like the suggestions made above. Ultimately, your choice of a gold firm can mean the difference between success and failure as a gold owner.
(Note: USAGOLD has been awarded the Better Business Bureau's Gold Star Certificate, its highest accolade. In addition, the firm has been rated A+ by the BBB with zero consumer complaints. The firm has been accredited since 1991.)
5. Make an informed decision. This website offers a significant amount of information on gold ownership to help first-time investors. It also offers news, opinion and constantly updated market information to keep you posted after you become an owner. We invite you to browse and get to know us.
Placing your first order
1. Prepare a list of questions you would like to have answered by one of the firm's expert gold ownership consultants.
2. Contact our ORDER DESK for current pricing and to have your questions answered.
3. Lock-in your order over the phone. It will be followed by an e-mail confirmation for your records.
4. Remit payment by wire or personal check.
5. Sit back and relax while we fulfill your order. In our 40 years as a gold firm assisting thousands of clients, we have never failed to honor an agreed-upon price or to deliver metal as ordered in a timely manner.
© 1997-2017 USAGOLD All Rights Reserved
Mailing Address -
P.O. Box 460009
Denver CO 80246-0009